Buildings and Grounds
click for email
Job Category: At Will employee (non-profit corporation)
Job Classification: Non- Exempt
Qualifications: High school diploma, at least 18 years old, must possess a valid New York State security guard registration card or have filed a security guard registration application and submitted fingerprint cards following successful completion of eight-hour pre-assignment security guard training course and related written examination.
Responsibility, dependability, and timeliness; ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public; ability to maintain foot patrol for entire shift; good eyesight and hearing, alertness, and attention to detail in monitoring visitor activity and reporting any incidents; ability to set-up tables, chairs, and audio-visual equipment for programs, and conduct other similar moderate lifting.
Hourly Rate of Pay: Starting hourly rate of pay shall be $11.50 per hour for 72 hours of on-the-job training; increasing to $12 per hour upon satisfactory completion of training.
click for email
Part Time: 21 hours weekly (three days per week)
Position Opening: Marketing & Design Assistant
Status: Part-time (21 hours per week)
Hourly rate: $15.00
The Development Coordinator will help advance the Museum’s audience development initiatives through written and visual communications. Reports to the Marketing and Development team.
Lead for Constant Contact communications.
- Manages organization-wide schedule for Constant Contact communications.
- Manages lists and segmentation for accuracy. Imports subscriber lists to existing or new categories. Maintains accurate email records, and performs data clean up.
- Writes, edits, uses visuals, and works with customized templates in accordance with Museum informational sources and brand standards.
- Tracks and reports on delivery and open results.
- Adheres to contract limits for subscriber management.
- Using design software programs, develops visual materials for print and digital purposes consistent with brand standards.
- Coordinates image files and usage.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all facets of Constant Contact.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign.
- Writing, editing, and graphic design skills.
- Scheduling and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
No phone calls please.
Email resume and cover letter describing applicable skills to:
Jill Rowen, PR/Marketing, Rowen@Heckscher.org
For information about The Heckscher Museum of Art, visit Heckscher.org
2 Prime Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743