The Heckscher Museum welcomes all audiences to visit and explore art in a nurturing, creative environment. We are dedicated to making the experience accessible to all audiences.
- A wheelchair is available upon request for exploring the galleries.
- Service animals are permitted in all galleries.
- Parking for individuals with disabilities is available in the lot adjacent to the Museum.
- Handicapped accessible restroom in Museum.
- To ensure accessibility for speakers of all languages, the Museum is proud to provide:
- Spanish language in external welcome signage, internal wall text, audio and docent tours, family hours, and special events. In this way, we hope to more fully serve our Spanish speaking neighbors and Latinx/Hispanic households which make up over half of our school district (54% of Huntington UFSD).
- The Microsoft Translator app via QR code download. Visitors are invited to use this free app to instantly translate museum labels and signage into the language of their choice right on their phones.
- A special dual language Family Hour Sunday in both Spanish and English. Children ages 5 through 10 are invited for a family-friendly art experience with Museum Educator Tami Wood and guest educator Karina Giménez. Explore works of art in the Museum and create fun art projects! Learn More & Register
Access Heckscher Programs
The Museum offers a range of customized programs for individuals with disabilities. In-Museum, In-School, and Virtual Programs may include adaptive, tactile experiences and accommodations as needed.