Plan Your Visit
The Museum is currently closed for exhibition change and will reopen on October 1.
Walk in or book your visit ahead!
or call 631.380.3230
October 1, 2022 – January 22, 2023: Long Island Biennial 2022
Email email@example.com or Call 631.380.3230
Looking to make a reservation through your local library’s Museum Pass Program?
Hours, Admission, & More
Thursday – Sunday
12 – 5 pm
Monday – Wednesday
Extended Hours 12 – 8:30 pm on First Fridays!
Friday, November 4
Friday, December 2
- Saturday, Sept. 17 (Rain Date Sept. 18): No advance reservations. Draw Out! Free Community Event admission is first-come, first-serve, 12 – 5 pm.
- Saturday, Oct. 1: Museum will close early at 2pm for a Special Members Event
Closed For Exhibit Change:
Sept. 22-25, 29-30
Closed on the following holidays:
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter
Timed tickets available every 30 minutes, 12 – 5 pm.
Groups larger than 50 cannot be accommodated.
- Members: Free
- Non-Members: $5 Suggested Admission*
- Children under 13: Free
*Payment is suggested, but not required.
Donate during check-in or online after your visit.
Health and Safety Policies
The Heckscher Museum follows best practices concerning public health and social distancing. Preventative measures have been put in place; however, this is no guarantee that you and your party will not be exposed to COVID-19 if you choose to enter the property.
- If you or someone in your party has COVID-19, is experiencing symptoms, or believes they have been exposed to the virus, please do not attempt to visit the Museum.
- It is strongly recommended that all visitors over the age of 4 wear a mask and social distance whenever possible. All Museum staff are required to wear a mask and socially distance.
Artwork on View
LONG ISLAND BIENNIAL 2022
October 1, 2022 – January 22, 2023
The Heckscher Museum of Art’s Long Island Biennial is a juried exhibition featuring work by contemporary artists from Suffolk and Nassau Counties.
The Fall 2022 exhibition is the 7th edition of the juried show. The show was juried by: Dr. Susan Van Scoy, Professor of Art History at St. Joseph’s College; Heather Carter, art advisor at Carter Fine Art Services; and Gabriela Gonzalez Dellosso, contemporary fine artist.
Sponsored by The Cunniff Family and Robin T. Hadley